I absolutely love my new WIP... even if I'm not "supposed" to be working on it right now. Here's why.
Thirteen Things I Love About My New WIP
1. The hero. He is a brooding, sexy, cursed demon. Seriously, it doesn't get much better than that. All that angst. *sigh*
2. The heroine. Even though she is the cause of some of his pain she really doesn't mean to be. On top of that she's scarred, doesn't take shit and knows she's not perfect. Hell, who likes a preachy heroine?
3. I have this awesome secondary character (best one I've written so far) and she rocks! She's mysterious and a little sneaky but with a good cause. ;)
4. It's angsty but not so much you just want the characters to just die lol.
5. It's packed with emotion. There is so much love, hate and desire I sometimes find myself wishing I was in this story somewhere.
6. They're in a place that's really hot. Makes for a lot of sweaty scenes. Can't go wrong with that.
7. It's got a bit of sarcasm... just like someone else I know.
8. The intrigue is there. Let me tell you, I can't wait to find out what's next and I'm the author. Ok, maybe that's because I'm a panster but still I want to know!
9. My mom won't blush quite so hard when she reads it. I mean she'll blush a little, let's just be real here. This story is freakin' HOT! But just not as much as she usually does, so this is something new for me. I love new things.
10. I usually hate doing research but I did it for this story. The surprise was I actually had fun doing it... weird.
11. This story is a refreshing change of pace for me. It's quite different then a lot of things I've written so far. I like change... most of the time.
12. This WIP has helped me to fall back in love with writing. I had been wondering if I was ever going to feel that way again. Now I do. Yay!!!!
13. It just feels damn good to write these characters. I've had them in my head for at least six months and I was tired of them yelling at me. It's nice to let them escape.
Ok thanks for letting me ramble (like it's something new). Thanks for stopping by!