Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things I Love About Spring.


1. The smell of freshly cut grass. It almost smells sweet.

2. The warmer weather. I'm a winter baby that hates the winter. The hotter the better.

3. Thundershowers. I know it rains during the winter but it rains more in the spring. The sound and the smell relax me and make me sleep like a baby.

4. Saving electricity. I love leaving the doors and windows open to let the breeze flow through. The fresh air just does something for me.

5. Kids. I'm from a generation where the kids liked to spend more time outdoors than inside (even though we still loved to play our video games). Seeing the kids playing outside, when it's finally warm enough just touches my heart.

6. Long walks. Once the weather finally turns, I love to spend time outdoors walking and enjoying the time with someone special.

7. Sitting on the patio (doesn't have to be your patio). What's better than sitting outside and enjoying the breeze? Sitting outside and enjoying the breeze.

8. Then there are barbeques. The smell of food cooking on a grill as you sit on the patio mentioned above is one of the best things ever. I know barbeques are sometimes thought of as a summer thing but around here we barbeque on the first day the temperature hits 70.

9. While enjoying the barbeque I like to watch the leaves come back. There cute light green color makes me feel good and happy inside.

10. The longer days are wonderful. I hate daylight savings time, really who wants to lose an hour, but having longer amounts of time with sunlight is so worth it.

11. I like the new wardrobe colors for the spring. Though the deeper reds and browns from fall and winter are lovely the blues and pinks of spring are my favorite.

12. Speaking of changes in wardrobe I like the new fashions of spring. The shorts, tanks and miniskirts are right up my alley.

13. Finally there are the opened toed shoes. I love to have my feet out and feel the air against my flesh.

It's supposed to be warm out today. I think I may go out and enjoy some of this spring weather!

12 comments:

Stephanie Adkins said...

I agree, Lauren! I love Spring! Happy Thursday! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

I love seeing the daffodils and forsythia bloom and trees budding out.
Happy T13

Jennifer McKenzie said...

This is an awesome list!!!! I love barbeques. The smell of charcoal is fantastic to me.

Ms Menozzi said...

I guess we'll agree to disagree... LOL! If I didn't react badly to sun and heat, I'd probably enjoy it more. As it is, I start losing sleep, breaking out in hives, and my writing productivity plummets.

I do enjoy a nice barbeque, though. :) Yummah!

Ciao! Happy TT!

Unknown said...

The sun is actually out this morning. Hoping it takes away the last remnants of winter for good this time.
I too love the smell of fresh cut grass and am so looking forward to having my morning coffee outside on the patio!
Happy T13!

Alice Audrey said...

I'm looking forward to open-window weather too. We had a couple of warm days and my ds ran around trying to open windows everywhere. He'd have succeeded too if it weren't for an over abundance of furniture.

Paige Tyler said...

Yes! I love it, too! Great TT!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Number four is definitely my favorite. But it never rains here which is why we always think about moving. (Though we never do.) Nice list.

Inez Kelley said...

Spring FEELS like it is here today, I hope it stays.


http://talesfromthecrit.wordpress.com/

Lucy Woodhull said...

Oh yes to all of the above! I'm such a warm weather girl, too!

Alexia Reed said...

I love many of those things... *sigh* Nothing like spring.

Heather said...

Personally, I prefer fall. Love the warmer weather and long walks, but fresh cut grass and pollen are my enemies.