Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cinnamon Swirl Cake

Photobucket

3 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. sugar
1 c. butter, softened
4 eggs
3 c. flour
1 c. milk
2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
3 tsp. baking powder

Mix together 3 teaspoons cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar; set aside.
At medium speed, beat butter, grmmadually add sugar and 1 egg at a time. Mix flour, salt and baking powder in small bowl. Add the salt, flour and baking powder mixture, blending in small amounts alternating with milk. Pour 1/3 of batter, then cinnamon-sugar mix, alternating with batter.

CAKE TOPPING:
1 c. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. sugar
Dash of salt
1 drop vanilla
Beat until crumbs form. Sprinkle crumbs on cake top. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.


I hope you enjoy.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just plain sinful of you! Seriously... how can you tempt me like that?!

Kate Willoughby said...

Er, I'm assuming 350 degrees, but how long?

Lauren Murphy said...

A lovely wonderful person brought it to my attention that I forgot part of the recipe (thanks Kate!). It's not my fault. It's proven that kids kill your brain cells!

Ok I added the rest and now I am going to sit somewhere alone and feel stupid... *Sigh*

Anonymous said...

Yum! This looks great!