Thursday, January 10, 2008

My First Time!

Well, I am brand new on the scene and finding my way from a to b. I love sharing my thoughts with others (OK what that really means is I just like to run my mouth). I enjoy good conversation and a sense of humor is a must.

My hobbies you ask? There are so many, that I have trouble figuring out where to start. There are video games. I have been an avid gamer since birth and there is nothing that I can do about it now. And I really can't say that I want to. Singing, yes I can sing but don't ask me to because I won't unless you pay me. Reading is excellent. When I was in college I had to ban myself from reading during the semester. I felt that reading was more important than studying and the professors seamed to disagree. I can't see why. Writing has been my companion for about ten years. It is my outlet when I can't find any other way to express my feelings. If some one has wronged you, it is wonderful therapy to put them in a work of fiction and then do horrible things to them. Just kidding.

In the ten years that I've been writing I have always wanted to submit my work to a publisher. But I have been allowing fear to hold me back, until recently. The decision to pursue my dream was difficult but satisfying. Since I have been on this journey I have already received many bumps and bruises and I show them with much pride. I am willing to do the work, and yes it is very hard work, and I plan to see this through. I have many people who support me and without them I don't think that I would have made it as far as I have. Hi Divas!

I'm taking off now but I'll be back. Thanks for stopping by!


Lauren

6 comments:

Sela Carsen said...

Great first post, Lauren!

Elise Logan said...

hooray!!!!

Amber Gilchrist said...

Hi Lauren!

Unknown said...

I like blogger, YAY!!

Unknown said...

TAG!!! You're it. You must come up with random facts about yourself and tag other peoples...lol :)

Mara said...

Go Lauren, Go Lauren, Go, Go, Go Lauren!

You are one awe inspiring chick and all your dreams are bound to come true. How could they not? You are a diva after all are you not?

Let me hear that inner diva roar!