Thursday, September 4, 2008

Working on Something New...Kind of

As you are all probably aware I have been wrestling with this 60K+ story for quite some time now. Well, recently I decided to give it a rest, put it to the bottom of the stack and work on the something new. This was when I realized that I had a story sitting on my hard drive that needed my attention. I started writing this one right before I went on my editing frenzy so it was only about 5K when I went back to it.

I am usually not one to toot my own horn (ROFL) but this story is much hotter than I remember. Yes it is erotica. It seems that I have trouble writing anything that's not. Hm, perhaps this is why one of my fellow writing friends refers to me as "The Erotic Wonder." I really must ponder this later on in my spare time; you know when I'm supposed to be doing all this writing.

Anyway I feel like something has magically come over me. For at least a month I've felt stale and unmotivated but since I started working on this story (ok since yesterday) I've been feeling refreshed. Like this is something I can really do. In some ways this alarms me. Don't get me wrong I love, love, love erotica but I do want to be able to try other things. But so far if it hasn't been erotica then I haven't been able to write it. *Sigh* I must ponder this as well.

Moving right along I'm not going to turn a fairly upbeat post into something dark and depressing, Ack! So, on that note I'm going to write.


Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren, why would it matter if everything you write ends up being erotic for now? As long as you are writing and enjoying the process, I see no harm in what the writing is. Sometimes, we can not help where the story takes us. The muse leads us where she wants to.

Hugs.

Lauren Murphy said...

Moira, Of course you are right as usally. Leave it to you to talk some sense into me. :P

Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

I would just like to say that I like stale popcorn the best.

*trying to put a positive spin on "stale"*

Keep chugging along. You're doing great - we're going to discuss you and contests next ;)

bria

Lauren Murphy said...

I love you bria butter even when you lecture me. Thanks for coming by.