Sunday, October 30, 2011

Changes in the Weather

I usually dread the coming of fall. I love the look of fall, but I don’t usually love the feel of fall. To be honest I really hate the cold. A lot of people like to try and defend the cold by saying that you can add as many layers as you want to warm up, but in the summer there is only so much you can take off to stay cool. And on that note I will have to strongly disagree. Sorry, but no matter how many layers I pack on I can still fill the chill of the cold penetrating my layers, and them I’m left bogged down with twenty five layers of clothes, barely able to move my limbs and guess what, still feeling the cold. No, there was no convincing me that there was anything good about cold weather.

Well this year… I still hate cold weather. BUT, I’m not dreading it like I usually do. I am still far friendlier with warm temps than cold ones, but for some reason I am looking forward to the other things that come along with the change in weather. I get to wear a different wardrobe for a while, heck even add to it. Also there will be nice cozy moments, INSIDE, where I can enjoy a cup of hot cocoa, or spiked oops I mean spiced eggnog, and let’s not forget the holidays. There is nothing cozier than sharing time with the ones I love most. So, though there is no cure for my pure dislike of cold weather, I have certainly found some things to make it bearable, maybe even somewhat enjoyable.

No comments: